Personal Data Protection Notice
This Personal Data Protection notice serves as an integral part of the terms and conditions of all services/programmes offered by Magnum Corporation Sdn Bhd and its Subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as "MAGNUM") which may require you to provide or would otherwise collect your personal data for the services/programmes offered.
MAGNUM is fully committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals, in accordance with Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("PDPA"). For the purpose of this Personal Data Protection notice, "Personal Data" is any information documentary and otherwise related directly or indirectly to an individual who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that information and other information that MAGNUM possesses.
MAGNUM as a data user that processes your Personal Data abides by the PDPA's 7 data protection principles, as summarised below.
- General Principle - MAGNUM shall not otherwise than as permitted under the PDPA process your Personal Data unless you have given consent to the processing of your Personal Data. "Processing" means collecting, recording, holding or storing your Personal Data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on your Personal Data.
- Notice & Choice Principle - For each service/programme under MAGNUM such as , MyMagnum 4D, Magnum4D Result via email service, , Magnum4D Campaign Vouchers and others, you will be notified in writing of the purpose(s) for which your Personal Data is collected and whether it is obligatory that you provide your Personal Data.
By providing your Personal Data to MAGNUM for any of the services/programmes, you have given or shall be deemed to have given consent to MAGNUM to process your Personal Data for the stated purpose(s).
- Disclosure Principle - Save as otherwise permitted or mandated by law, MAGNUM shall not without your consent disclose any of your Personal Data for any purpose other than for the stated purpose(s) disclosed at time of collection.
- Security Principle - MAGNUM shall take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Retention Principle - Magnum will keep your Personal Data for as long as needed for the fulfilment of the purposes which it was obtained. Your data may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us. We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting and marketing purposes for as little time as possible, after which we employ measures to permanently delete it. We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
- Data Integrity Principle - MAGNUM shall take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate, having regard to the purpose(s) for which it was obtained.
- Access Principle - MAGNUM shall give you access to your own Personal Data held by MAGNUM so that you are able to check and correct any inaccuracies, incompleteness, misleading information or outdated information.
In amplification of the Data Protection principles above, the following shall be binding on you and MAGNUM.
A. Personal Data
(i) The Personal Data that we collect about you, includes but is not limited to, the following:-
(a) personal details such as your name, identity card number, passport number, age, gender, nationality, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account particulars, photo and other biometric identifiers, and other details;
(b) information in connection with the services/programmes that you are considering to participate in, or is participating in;
(c) personal interests or preferences such as language, product or content interests, and marketing preferences;
(d) your photo and other image, by way of video surveillance installed in some parts of our premises as part of our security infrastructure;
(e) username, password and other identifiers when you register or log in at our website or our Mobile App; and
(f) automatic collection of some information about your computer such as IP address, IMEI, Mobile phone, web browser software and other information about your visit when you visit our website.
Certain information requested by us is mandatory and which you must provide, and you must also agree to the processing of such mandatory information by us, failing which we will not be able to provide you the relevant products and services or information and updates, and you will not be able to participate in certain of our services/programmes.
(ii) Your Personal Data is collected at the following times:-
(a) when you sign up to participate in the services/programmes or register your interest with us to participate in the services/programmes that we offer from time to time;
(b) when you visit our website or social networking sites and use of our mobile applications
(c) when you enter contests or respond to surveys, promotions or questionnaires;
(d) from third party sources such as credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and publicly available sources of information; and
(e) pursuant to any transaction or inquiry or communication made with or to us.
If you do not agree with the automatic collection of information, you must immediately leave our website or social networking sites or mobile applications.
(iii) Your Personal Data is collected for the following purposes:-
(a) to process your application, bets, enquiries and other requests when you participate in the services/programmes;
(b) to communicate with you;
(c) to provide the products and services to you;
(d) for administrative purposes;
(e) to respond to your queries;
(f) to conduct research and statistical analysis;
(g) to help us monitor and improve our services/programmes;
(h) to comply with applicable laws, proceedings or inquiries from regulatory authorities, and enforcement agencies;
(i) any other purposes permitted by applicable laws;
(j) to market and promote other services/programmes that are or may be offered by MAGNUM from time to time;
(k) for direct and indirect marketing purposes; and
(l) to provide you with information and updates on the services/programmes.
(iv) We do not collect Sensitive Personal Data from you unless required by applicable laws. If you do not want your Sensitive Personal Data to be collected by us, please do not submit it.
"Sensitive Personal Data" means any personal data consisting of information as to physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature (save that you may be asked to confirm that you are non-Muslim and that it is not against your religion, faith or belief to be involved in gaming activities), the commission or alleged commission of an offence or any personal data prescribed under law as sensitive personal data.
If you do choose to submit your Sensitive Personal Data to us, such data shall then be deemed to be and will be treated by us as Personal Data which will be subject to the terms and scope of this Personal Data Protection notice including as to processing, usage and disclosure thereof.
To facilitate the purposes above and your participation in our services/programmes, we may process, use and disclose your Personal Data to the following classes of third parties:-
(a) companies within the MAGNUM group, both within and possibly outside of Malaysia;
(b) regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies;
(c) any court of law or any relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceedings;
(d) our business associates/partners, contractors, service providers, consultants, auditors and advisors on a need to know basis; and
(e) any actual or potential assignee, transferee or acquirer of any of MAGNUM's companies or business or in connection with any corporate exercise.
C. Access and updating your Personal Data
(i) You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide to us (for example your spouse, children, relatives or third parties) and as such, as and when such information becomes incorrect or outdated you must correct or update such information by contacting us or submitting current information.
(ii) You may, by writing to us at the address set out below, request for the following:-
(a) a copy of the details of the Personal Data we hold about you; and
(b) to rectify or update your Personal Data.
Please provide proof of your identity, address and sufficient information to enable us to identify you when submitting your request to us.
(iii) On receipt of your written request, we may:-
(a) comply or refuse your request to access or rectify your Personal Data. If we refuse, we will notify you the reason(s) for such refusal; and
(b) charge a fee for processing your request for access or rectification.
D. Limiting the processing of your Personal Data
(a) do not wish to receive offers, promotions and marketing materials and information on other services/programmes from MAGNUM; or
(b) would like us to cease processing your Personal Data for a specified purpose or in a specified manner;
please notify us in writing at the address set out below. In the absence of such written notification from you, we will deem it that you consent to the processing, use and dissemination of your Personal Data in the manner, to the extent and within the scope of this Personal Data Protection notice. If you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Data as above, you may not be able to participate in our services/programmes.
If you wish to request access to your Personal Data held by MAGNUM or to withdraw your consent or for any of the purposes mentioned above, please send your request in writing to the following address:-
Magnum Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
111 Jalan Pudu
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Attention : Marketing Department
MAGNUM will endeavour to respond within 14 days upon receipt of your request. MAGNUM reserves the right to impose a data processing fee for acting on your request.